BEAUTIFUL NOISE is an in-depth exploration of a music movement in the late 20th century, a fascinating period when some innovative musicians mixed guitar noise into conventional pop song structures while maintaining a philosophy of letting the music speak for itself.
Although many of the people interviewed are notoriously press shy they have opened up about their music and experiences from over 20 years ago; how they defied the rules and became sonic innovators that have inspired so many.
Currently the documentary is in the final stages for worldwide release, and we need your help to raise the $75,000 to pay for limited run licensing and finishing costs to distribute in Film Festivals and on DVD/Blu-Ray.
This documentary will finally be released only if the fans of this music believe in this project and contribute.
- INTERVIEWS INCLUDE: Kevin Shields, Jim Reid, Robin Guthrie, Bobby Gillespie, Douglas Hart, Colm O’Ciosoig, Debbie Googe, Simon Raymonde, Alan Moulder, Ivo Watts-Russell, Alan McGee, Sonic Boom
- FEATURING BAND MEMBERS OF: Ride, Slowdive, Chapterhouse, Lush, Curve, Swervedriver, Medicine, Pale Saints, Seefeel, AR Kane, Telescopes, Boo Radleys, Cranes, Catherine Wheel, Flying Saucer Attack
- WITH: Wayne Coyne, Trent Reznor, Billy Corgan and Robert Smith
- Score by Brad Laner (Medicine)
- VFX by John Nugent (Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Matrix)
- Motion Graphics by Angus Cameron (Music Video Director)
- Graphic design by Timothy O’Donnell (4AD)
- Featuring Tour Projections, Bootlegs and previously unseen personal videos.
- Performance Videos (and some interviews) with current bands: Sigur Ros, M83, Autolux, Serena Maneesh, Ulrich Schnauss, A Place To Bury Strangers, Grouper, Tim Hecker, Belong among others.
This is your chance to be a part of this definitive documentary.